10 Feb 25 GRAIN SILOS – TURN KEY GRAIN TERMINAL DESIGN – EGYPT
Posted at 17:36h in All projects, Artist Impressions, Design and Engineering, Material Handling Equipment, Terminal Design
The Egyptian Holding Company for Silos and Storage (EHCSS) issued two tenders for the turn key construction of in total 25 grain silo complexes in various Governorates, ranging from 30,000 ton to 90,000 ton storage capacities each.
Orascom Construction Industries together with Materials Handling Consultants (MHC) were pre-qualified to bid on these projects.
During the bidding stage MHC acted as the lead engineer to OCI, and prepared the preliminary design of all Mechanical and Civil related works. The execution of the projects is due to start on 2014, during which MHC will perform detailed engineering.
Services provided by MHC are:
Turn-key preliminary design for 25 grain silo complexes, including:
- Process Flow diagrams.
- Preliminary drawings general arrangement, intake system, outtake system.
- Terminal layout design, access roads, utility networks.
- Preliminary structural calculations foundations of silos and buildings.
- Preliminary design of steel structures (elevator tower, warehouses).
- Preliminary design of all amenity buildings, offices, stores, weighbridges, operator room, watertank, truck unloading building, etc.
- Artist Impressions.
Orascom Construction Industries