28 Mar Independent engineer for construction and design review of Coal import terminal
Posted at 16:24h in All projects, Design and Engineering, Material Handling Equipment, Procurement, Terminal Design
CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN REVIEW OF COAL IMPORT TERMINAL VISAKHAPATNAM – INDIA
Visakhapatnam Port Trust has awarded the work of Mechanisation of General Cargo Berth for coal import on BOT basis to consortium led by M/S Sterlite Industries (India) Pvt Ltd. of Vedanta group and M/S Leighton Contractors (India) Pvt Ltd. The General Cargo Berth (GCB) is located in the Outer Harbour of the Port and presently caters to 100,000 DWT vessels. The project under the BOT scheme includes:
- The construction of a new berth next to the existing berth.
- The purchase and installation of bulk gantry cranes.
- Installation of stacker / reclaimers and belt conveyors.
- Installation of coal storage areas and railway loading station.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Independent Engineer for VPT.
- Design review and checking of construction works.
- Inspections during installation, testing and commissioning phase.
Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) / Tata Projects
2009 – 2012