10 Apr Feasibility study Greenfield deep sea port development – Nigeria
Port Consultants Rotterdam was involved by an external party to make a technical feasibility study and layout study for a new large deep sea port to be developed in Nigeria. The study started with determining the optimum location of the port along the coastline. For the chosen location a preliminary masterplan was drafted, including supporting logistical calculations and preliminary designs of all terminals.
MHC supported PCR with the design and draftswork of the on-shore terminals, consisting of:
- Liquids terminal.
- Container terminal.
- Dry Bulk terminals for various commodities.
- Off Shore supply bases / Logistic centres.
- Supporting infrastructure.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Logistics calculations.
- Preliminary Design of all terminals, Masterplan drawing.
- Assessment of required terminal Equipment and Installations, cost estimates.
- Assessment of capital investment costs (on-shore civil works).
- Operational cost estimates.
Port Consultants Rotterdam