10 Aug LAYOUT DESIGN AND ENGINEERING OF A LIVESTOCK TERMINAL
The project comprises a livestock import terminal for about 250,000 cattle and 500,000 sheep per year. The livestock, originating from Australia and New Zealand is transported in livestock carriers. A typical livestock shipment to Egypt from Australia or New Zealand today is 15,000 head of cattle and 10,000 head of sheep. The animals will be discharged onto the quay through bridges suspended from the ship. On the quay the animals will be guided to the holding area through a passage.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Preparation of basic and detailed design of the outside infrastructure of the livestock terminal and holding area;
- Calculation of investment and operational costs;
- Cash-flow analysis and report on feasibility analysis;
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender documents.
- Tendering and construction supervision of outside infrastructure.
Sokhna Port Development Company