02 Apr » Masterplan Update and Feasibility Study Port of Rijeka
PORT MASTERPLAN UPDATE RIJEKA, AND FEASIBILITY STUDY AND PRELIMINARY DESIGN FOR THE PRAGUE PIER
MHC was involved with the masterplan update of the Port of Rijeka and a feasibility study for the Prauge Pier. The project consisted of updating the existing investment plan including a revision of the investment priorities, as well as a plan for temporary solutions to enable continuous operations in the port during the expansion period. Furthermore an optimization study was performed to maximize utilization of existing port areas in Bakar, Skrljevo and Rasa to uncover the full potential of these terminals.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Masterplan update:
- Review of present traffic and traffic forecast.
- Analysis of value added brought by different types of cargo or activities related to urban redevelopment.
- Detailed analysis of port capacity and space utilization, and definition of alternatives to increase capacity and maximize value added.
- Review of road-rail connecting infrastructure requirements.
- Revision of the Investment Programme and summary of economic evaluation.
- Feasibility study for the Prague Pier:
- Economic and financial feasibility study for the proposed new terminal at Prague pier.
- Development plan and Conceptual Design for the New Prague Pier.
- Preliminary Design and Location Permit Application.