05 Jun PREPARATION OF JETTY FOR LNG OPERATIONS, SOKHNA PORT – EGYPT
Posted at 14:43h in All projects, Design and Engineering, Project Management
Modification of Jetty for LNG operations – Sokhna Port, Egypt
Materials Handling Consultants (MHC) was involved in the modification of an existing ammonia jetty for LNG operations. A Floating Storage and Re-gasification Unit (FSRU) for LNG had to be stationed west of the existing jetty (Jetty 1) in Basin 3, Sokhna Port. The FSRU named Höegh Gallant lays permanently at berth for the coming 5 years and is on a regular basis supplied by LNG carriers which moor alongside the FSRU.
MHC provided project management and engineering services to prepare the jetty for berthing the FSRU.
The project was engineered and constructed in a record time of 3 months because of high political pressure.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Client representative during all stages of preparation and construction.
- Conceptual design of the firefighting system including seawater intake and firewater pump systems, jetty platform layout including firefighting monitors, gangway tower, operations cabin, dolphin cross-overs, ISPS fencing and security measures.
- Design coordination with LNG supplier’s engineers, suppliers of pumps and firefighting monitors, design offices of the EPC contractors, terminal operator.
- Preparation of EPC contract.
- Project management and site supervision (24/7 during the last month).
Sonker Bunker Company
Sokhna Port, Egypt