10 Apr PROCUREMENT OF CONTAINER HANDLING CRANES
Posted at 22:04h in All projects, Procurement, Project Management
The project comprises the procurement of 2 super-post-Panamax sized ship-to-shore container gantry cranes (STS-cranes) and 3 Rubber Tyred Gantry cranes (RTG’s) for Sokhna Port, Egypt.
The cranes are purchased from Reggiane Cranes & Plants from Italy.
Project management, engineering and component procurement was done in the head-office in Italy. Manufacturing of steel structures and assembly of the cranes was done in China (former Noell plant). The cranes are delivered in one shipment to Sokhna Port.
The project was repeated in 2006 with the procurement of 2 STS-cranes and 5 RTG’s. The size of the STS cranes was increased to handle vessels with 22 wide containers on deck.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender documents
- Tendering and Tender evaluation
- Checking of the design of the cranes
- Construction and assembly supervision
- Supervision during loading/unloading, testing and commissioning
- Overall project management including co-ordination of related activities (e.g. procurement of crane rails and power supply system)
Sokhna Port Development Company
2003-2004 and 2007-2007