05 Mar Fertilizer Export Terminal Sokhna Port
Fertilizer Export Terminal – Sokhna Port, Egypt
Through the fertiliser terminal, which has started operating in June 2001, annually about 600,000 tons of urea will be exported to overseas markets. The terminal has a storage capacity for 40,000 tons of urea in a warehouse, equipped with intake and outtake conveyors and ship-loading facilities. The shiploader is designed to load vessels up to 45,000 DWT at a rate of 8000 tons per day. The fertiliser is transported from the nearby factory using tipping trucks.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Layout design of the terminal, including office, sanitation and control room.
- Capacity calculations for storage, conveyors and loader.
- Equipment selection and specifications.
- Calculation of investment and operational costs.
- Cash-flow and sensitivity analysis.
- Detailed design of civil, mechanical and electrical works.
- Civil contracting and construction supervision.
- Equipment procurement, installation supervision and start-up assistance.
Sokhna Port Development Company (SPDC)
Sokhna Port, Egypt