31 Mar » Layout Design and Development of Sokhna Port
LAYOUT DESIGN, ENGINEERING, INVESTMENT STUDY AND OPERATIONS OF THE NEW PORT OF EL SOKHNA
El Sokhna Port was constructed as a new deep sea port development, 45 km south of Suez on the Red Sea. The port development is part of a large industrial development initiated by the Government of Egypt. The development includes a 9,000 Ha Special Economic Zone, where industrial plants and industries are established.
The total length of the quay wall is 2000 m with a draft of 17 m and is divided into a container terminal, a general cargo and RO-RO terminal, a bulk terminal and fertilizer terminal. The container terminal will have an initial capacity of about 400,000 TEU.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Preparation of the original business plan and Master Plan ‘Port El Sokhna 2020+’.
- Continuous assessment of mutual business opportunities, estimates of investment and operational costs, planning of terminal and port extensions, layout design, contracting & (sub) concession agreements, financing and implementation planning, etc.
- Technical design of all top-side infrastructure port-related infrastructure for all cargo terminals (Container, Liquid Bulk, Dry Bulk and a General Cargo).
- Project management and supervision of all infrastructural works inside Sokhna Port for a period of over 10 years. terminal construction & expansions, including equipment selection, specifications & procurement.
- General, operational and equipment management of Sokhna Port for a period of 7 years.
- Assessment and follow-up on numerous business opportunities related to companies in or around Sokhna Port, in all industries, interested to use Sokhna Port for throughput of their import or export cargo.