31 Mar » Layout Design and Development of Sokhna Port
Posted at 22:37h in All projects, Design and Engineering, Material Handling Equipment, Port Masterplanning, Project Management, Terminal Design
LAYOUT DESIGN, ENGINEERING, INVESTMENT STUDY AND OPERATIONS OF THE NEW PORT OF EL SOKHNA
El Sokhna Port was constructed as a new deep sea port development, 45 km south of Suez on the Red Sea. The port development is part of a large industrial development initiated by the Government of Egypt. The development includes a 9,000 Ha Special Economic Zone, where industrial plants and industries are established.
The total length of the quay wall is 2000 m with a draft of 17 m and is divided into a container terminal, a general cargo and RO-RO terminal, a bulk terminal and fertilizer terminal. The container terminal will have an initial capacity of about 400,000 TEU.
Services provided by MHC are:
- Preparation of the original business plan and Master Plan ‘Port El Sokhna 2020+’.
- Continuous assessment of mutual business opportunities, estimates of investment and operational costs, planning of terminal and port extensions, layout design, contracting & (sub) concession agreements, financing and implementation planning, etc.
- Technical design of all top-side infrastructure port-related infrastructure for all cargo terminals (Container, Liquid Bulk, Dry Bulk and a General Cargo).
- Project management and supervision of all infrastructural works inside Sokhna Port for a period of over 10 years. terminal construction & expansions, including equipment selection, specifications & procurement.
- General, operational and equipment management of Sokhna Port for a period of 7 years.
- Assessment and follow-up on numerous business opportunities related to companies in or around Sokhna Port, in all industries, interested to use Sokhna Port for throughput of their import or export cargo.